Saturday, December 23, 2006

Illustration Friday: Peace



No time to do a new illustration right now, so this is an old one I did for Carleton College, about the Peace Corps.

This is sort of a self-portrait as I was an Peace Corps Volunteer in the Dominican Republic from 1993-1995. I lived in a town on the coast called Sabana de la Mar. If anyone wants any advice on joining the Peace Corps, email me.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's cool, John!

Merry X'mas and Happy Holidays!

www.emilayusof.com

Kathy said...

This is a really nice illo, and also a great tribute to helping others! What you did is great - - inspiring.

Anonymous said...

Your work rules coulter. I like the simple shapes and nice background colors that you used in this one. Your blog is very cool. Lots of great work.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

It should have been an interesting experience! I'd like one day to know a little more about it. great illo! and merry christmas, john!

JO said...

Great illo, love the message.

pati said...

Nice! Glad to know that, John :)

I hope u have a very happy Xmas.

Cheers,

Tanya Nichols said...

i loved you have that background of helping people...absolutely amazing...

Charles said...

Nice style and composition!
ck
www.toontoonz.com

Josy said...

Well, you already know it's a nice bit of work, but I'm particularly fond of the background. The shapes, the colors... I dunno, I'm a fan.

(P.S. Happy Holidays!)

studio lolo said...

Excellent John! I admire folks who have been in the Peace Corp. Funny, lots of people are flocking to the DR to build homes or retire there. I hope it helps the economy and includes the locals.
Happy holidays!

nice lopes said...

Cool! Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a nice holidays!

Kay Aker said...

Great illo and great cause!